Time to nourish the Self : Full Moon at 8 Cancer
At approximately 2:28pm on Wednesday 30th December, we will experience that last major lunar event of 2020.
We’ve come to the end of the lunar cycle for this year: here the Moon is again at it’s fullest, but will soon start to wane its way to the first new Moon of 2021 on the 13 January.
As we know, a full moon represents completions and the bearing of fruits – a good time for us to reflect on our 2020 experience.
Being in Cancer, the Moon is at home, reflecting or sensitive, emotional side of being that inspires our moods and nurtures our soul.
With the Moon being opposed the Sun, there will be that sense of a push-pull between our emotional self and our ego: a need to find balance between our creative sense of individuality and our instinctual intuitive self.
Be cautious not to withdraw, but explore your emotions!
And, especially in the face of a Moon Mercury opposition (which means a Sun Mercury conjunction) where communication, including that never-ending self-talk, will be merge with our vitality and place tension upon our emotional needs.
As that was not enough, we have the Sun and Moon squaring Chiron: the wounded healer.
Chiron’s archetypal story helps us to heal our metaphysical wounds by assisting others to heal.
With this square, the Sun and Moon opposition may reveal our wounds: maybe our wounds are emotionally stuck and need a little effort from our life force to shine a light on them and force us to take action? Healing and growing is part of our evolutionary path.
The Moon and Sun form a more harmonic relationship with Uranus at this time: bringing an inventive energy to the growth of our individuality. Maybe we need to step outside of the norm to heal ourselves at this time?
Where is all of this occurring for you?
Check out the aspects that the Full Moon at 8° Cancer makes to any planets you have with an orb of 0 – 2 degrees, such as:
- Squares in Aries or Libra (these will be tense energies creating a sense of collision, but which if handled well will provide the greatest opportunity for growth);
- Oppositions in Capricorn (here, there will be the need to find balance and avoid the extremes of the planetary energies);
- Trines in Pisces or Scorpio (harmony and flow will be found here, but if not worked with, the energies will lack the vitality there can bring);
- Sextiles in Virgo or Taurus (sextiles provide support and stimulation of the planetary energies, providing opportunities to grow).
- Conjunctions in Cancer. When conjunct, two planets share a purpose: they are unified and their energies remain unique to their own essence but are directed together.
Which house the planet is in will determine where you will be experiencing the impact of the Full Moon in your daily life.
If you found this post to be of value please consider making a donation to help with the costs of maintaining the blog. Thank you.