New Year – New Goals!
I’m writing this post on 6th January when the Last Quarter Moon is in Libra and I am preparing to use the New Moon to it’s fullest.
As you may know, New Moon’s offer us a great opportunity to use a little magick in our life and set things on a course that will see us grow, thrive and excel.
I’m preparing for my new course and will seek the aid of the Moon Goddess in her assistance with its success!
Being in Capricorn we can use this Moon magick to aid our life achievements by creating realistic plans.
This would be an ideal date to set aside some time to commit to a plan of action of something that expands your career or business.
Maybe even commit to a transcendental goal!
Capricorn energy will provide a solid foundation for your ambitions to grow in a structured and committed manner.
Of course, nothing in Astrology occurs in isolation!
There are many other influences at play at the time of this New Moon.
We have Pluto, the Planet ( yes, I still refer to it as such!) of transformation and rebirth conjunct this New Moon, offering us a soulful opportunity to reflect on what we maybe could let go of, or transform in our life to give us a greater sense of emotional stability.
Also, the New Moon is conjunct the Lord of Karma, Saturn, providing boundaries to our creative expressions. His influence should bring structure and integrity to the goals we set out for this New Moon cycle.
Whether you actively utilise this New Moon energy in the magickal sense of establishing a new project or goal, its energy will influence your life.
Where will this occur for you?
Check out the aspects that the New Moon at 23° Capricorn makes to any planets you have between 18 – 28° degrees, such as:
- Squares in Libra or Aries (these will be tense energies creating a sense of collision, but which if handled well will provide the greatest opportunity for growth);
- Oppositions in Cancer (here, there will be the need to find balance and avoid the extremes of the planetary energies);
- Trines in Virgo or Taurus (harmony and flow will be found here, but if not worked with, the energies will lack the vitality they can bring);
- Sextiles in Pisces or Scorpio (sextiles provide support and stimulation of the planetary energies, providing opportunities to grow).
- Conjunctions in Cancer. When conjunct, two planets share a purpose: they are unified and their energies remain unique to their own essence but are directed together.
Which of the 12 Houses the planet is in will determine where you will be experiencing the impact of the New Moon in your daily life.
For example, the 1st House relates to your very identity and approach to life, the 5th is where we find your self-expression and desire to shine, the 8th relates to death and sex! I’ll provide a guide to the Houses soon.
Take a look at my home page if you’d like to contact me to do review your chart or this transit for you, and also this post to get a better understanding of aspects and their use in astrological interpretation.
If you found this post to be of value please consider making a donation to help with the costs of maintaining the blog. Thank you.