New Moon in 22°Aries on April 12, 2021 at 12:30pm AEST (April 11 4:30pm UTC)
With the New Moon in Aries we have the start of a new lunar cycle.
When the Sun enters Aries, it is the start of the astrological new year, and when we have the first new moon in Aries we initiate and establish a new way of operating within this new year.
So, now we have a great opportunity to leave the past behind and steer a new course of action through the coming year.
New Moon’s are about new beginnings.
Having a New Moon in Aries gives us an enthusiasm for life, for growth and for the expression of our authentic self.
We can tap into this assertive cosmic energy to initiate new projects and ways of behaviour that will see us evolve into the being we wish to be.
Maybe we take this opportunity to review how we relate to ourselves, how we express our identity, and perhaps start a process of recreation, and some of the aspects occurring at this time will make sure we do!
With Venus being conjunct the New Moon, we may have to review our relationship with ourselves, what we value and what brings harmony to our sense of being.
Image: Jan Brueghel the Elder, Orpheus in the Underworld, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons
Pluto forms a square with the Sun and Venus at this time and urges us towards rebirth, transformation of our very nature. Pluto will bring some tension to our sense of self and the relationships we have with others at this time.
Pluto will have us penetrate to the core of our being to review that shadow-side which is hidden and but which if integrated into our being will make us whole.
Here we can conquer our inhibitions to realise our sense of individuality, our urge to create and shine! Pluto is power – the power to resurrect ourselves, like a Phoenix reborn!
Mars is in sextile to the New Moon, so here we have a harmonic aspect that brings a flowing cosmic energy to support the opportunities we make for ourselves during this period. There will be a sense of courage, excitement and an urge to achieve with this aspect – tap in and use it well!
Make sure any plans to transform yourself are realistic as by the the Full Moon in a couple of weeks you will start to see the results and be in a position to affirm, adjust or discard this plan for the new you!
So, where will this New Moon be energetically influencing your life and revealing areas for change and growth?
Check which House the New Moon is transiting in your natal chart. For example, we here we have Carl Jung’s natal chart, who if he were still in his physical body with us today, would be experiencing the New Moon energies in his 2nd House, the area of life in which he seeks material security, value and self-worth. On a mundane level, this is the House of Money, resources and income. So, if this was occurring for you, what changes would you need to make to ensure you needs for self-worth?
Also, if you what to go deeper, check out the aspects that the New Moon at 22° Aries makes to any planets you have between 20 – 24° degrees, such as:
- Squares in Capricorn or Cancer (these will be tense energies creating a sense of collision, but which if handled well will provide the greatest opportunity for growth);
- Oppositions in Libra (here, there will be the need to find balance and avoid the extremes of the planetary energies). In the chart above, we can see that Carl Jung would be experiencing an opposition with his natal Jupiter: possibly an emotional time, where he would be questioning the meaning of life, to bring balance to his need for emotional stability, and to explore the deeper spiritual aspects of his being so as to find harmony and peace.
- Trines in Sagittarius or Leo (harmony and flow will be found here, but if not worked with, the energies will lack the vitality there can bring);
- Sextiles in Aquarius or Gemini (sextiles provide support and stimulation of the planetary energies, providing opportunities to grow).
- Conjunctions in Aries. When conjunct, two planets share a purpose: they are unified and their energies remain unique to their own essence but are directed together.
Which ever house the planet is in will determine where you will be experiencing the impact of the New Moon in your daily life.
Take a look at my home page, and feel free to contact me if you’d like to explore your birth chart or help interpreting the cosmic forecast for a successful future.
Better still, learn to do such forecasting for yourself – check out my basic learn astrology course here.
If you found this post to be of value please consider making a donation to help with the costs of maintaining the blog. Thank you.